REFLECTOR: Bus, Battery & Back Order

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Wed Jun 15 16:15:42 CDT 2005


For CG reasons, I'm planning to "split" my batteries - one forward to 
drive the panel, one at the spar / firewall to be close to the starter.  
That way, I'll only have to run starter cable from the spar to the 
starter and a much lighter "charging" cable to the front battery..  
Either battery could run the rest of the elec. system and or be isolated 
from it..  I plan on using several busses dropped from an essential buss 
that is always energized.  I'm using a single N-D alternator with 
internal regulator and Nuckolls crowbar OV protection.
Jim S.

michalk wrote:

> You mention single alternator, two batteries, single power bus.  It 
> also sounds like you want to go electronic engine management in the 
> future.
>
> Sounds good to me.  Yes, contactors use a lot of current.  I don't 
> know why we don't move to latching relays.  You may want to consider a 
> diode from each battery to power the contacts.  That way you'll be 
> able to power the solenoids from either battery.  It depends on your 
> solenoid though.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list