REFLECTOR: Leveling the plane

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Mon Jun 13 17:26:14 CDT 2005


For a standard fuselage, my manual says the nose is to be level with the 
bottom opening of the cowl (at the prop).  However, the opening may be 
incorrect depending on how much as been cut off the cowl at the prop.  This 
area has a lot of slope to it.

I also recall that the bottom of the center section spar will be level with 
the nose - I think.  (too many gray hairs connected to dead brain cells).

Ronnie

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Neal Hoffoss" <nhoffoss at comcast.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 1:51 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Leveling the plane


> The method mentioned in the manual doesn't work for a fast-build fuselage. 
> I used the firewall plumb method and then across the main gear bolts for 
> the lateral leveling.  Once I had it set, I hot glued a couple of blocks 
> to the top of the fuselage where they aren't in the way of anything and 
> provide a good reference point.  Using the firewall after the fiberfrax 
> and stainless might be problematic.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list