REFLECTOR: excessive oil overboard
Richard Riley
richard at riley.net
Sun Jun 12 10:32:57 CDT 2005
Others have asked how much is "excessive." My question is - has it
suddenly increased?
If so, check your compression.
At 08:19 AM 6/12/05, you wrote:
>No, it is not in a velocity, but I thought the data might be relevant.
>
>Joel
>
>Scott Derrick wrote:
>
>>Joel,
>>
>>this TSIO520 in a Velocity?
>>
>>Scott
>>
>>Joel Smith wrote:
>>
>>>What is excessive?
>>>
>>>How do you operate your normalized 550? I am not to familiar with the
>>>normalized 550.
>>>
>>>I have a TIO-520R. I think it has excessive oil overboard, but to give
>>>you an idea, I occassionly have to add a quart in 25-30 hrs, then I
>>>change it. I have met folks that think this is good. It holds 10 qts, I
>>>fill it to 8 qts and add one if it goes to 7. If I fill to 10 qts, it
>>>seems to blow it overboard quickly. I am able to maintain good CHTs so I
>>>am not to worried about my reserve oil cooling capacity. My oil temp
>>>stays in check. I would not recommend less than the specified amount of
>>>oil if the temps are high.
>>>
>>>My operation is as follows:
>>>Take-off, 2700 rpm, manifold pressure 36.5", fuel flow 195-220 pounds
>>>per hour
>>>Climb (100%), 2500 rpm, manifold pressure 30", fuel flow 120 pph
>>>Cruise, 2300 rpm, mp 30", ff 82-85 pph
>>>
>>>I realize that normalized that your mp will not exceed 30", 2500/30 is
>>>100% for my engine.
>>>
>>>These are some data points that may or may not help. The 550 may be
>>>totally different...
>>>
>>>Joel
>>>
>>>RICHARD J VANDERSTEEN wrote:
>>>
>>>>Any body have any idea about excessive oil overboard
>>>>crankcase vent?
>>>>_______________________________________________
>>>>To change your email address, visit
>>>>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>
>>>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>To change your email address, visit
>>>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>
>>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit
>>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list