REFLECTOR: PWM Controller

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 9 17:42:08 CDT 2005


I have built a MCU based annunciator panel that incorporates PWM based
panel light dimming mechanism.  It also incorporates a slaved cabin
light dimming solution based on its own logic.  (Each PAX has control
over the brightness of their map lights but the PIC can set the maximum
brightness up front).

 

I have not flown it and it has so far seen a fairly limited ground
testing but so far, I have not seen any RF or audible interferences.
The circuit only average a couple mA with 20mA peak current.

 

I will also be carrying PWM based camera servo control eventually.  I am
more worried about that one since there is a motor connected to it.

 

Hiroo

 

________________________________

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 6:36 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: PWM Controller

 

Scott, 

 

 I am using a transistorized DC Motor controller for my fan speed. It is
the SCR type. 

 

I talked to the manufacturer of mine, and they said that there is no RF
interference from the controller. There might be some from the fan motor
itself they warned. 

 

Just to be safe(er), I wired the switch/pot to the unit using shielded
wire. 

 

Since I still have my panel out for final wiring, I haven't been able to
test the RF on my installation. I'll let you know when it is done. 

 

I bought my controller from www.winland.com   

 

They were very helpful. They removed the board mounted pot for me and
provided tabs for my own remote mounted one. 

 

Hope this helps.   Kurt 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050609/9c67528c/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list