REFLECTOR: Motivation
Emanuel Lewis
elewis8 at nycap.rr.com
Wed Jun 8 15:05:44 CDT 2005
Just got back from a trip that may help keep builders motivated. My wife and I had obligations to visit relatives in Goldsboro and Greensboro NC and Ft Lauderdale FL over the memorial day week. I have a standard (pop-top) velocity with a Lycoming IO-360 engine, performance prop, and fixed gear that I finished building eight years ago. Had to make a decision - drive and buck the memorial weekend traffic or fly. Not difficult you say? You are right.
As an example of the joy of flying, after takeoff from Ft Lauderdale (FXE) I engaged my Navaid autopilot (coupled to a ten year old Lowrance GPS), trimmed and climbed hands-off to 9000'. IFR on V3 to Savannah then direct to Goldsboro NC (GWW). With the help of a tail wind component, 626 nm in four hours from takeoff to touchdown. After a couple of days in Goldsboro VFR direct home to Schenectady NY (SCH), 480 miles in 3.4 hours including weaving around beautiful cumulus buildups.
Believe me, it's worth all the effort.
Manny Lewis
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050608/2382e17e/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list