REFLECTOR: Video of NOSE GEAR DOOR DO-HICKEY
Dave Black
dvblack at comcast.net
Tue Jun 7 15:14:05 CDT 2005
Chuck,
> As I'm in the process of changing out my sequencing valve to solve a slow/no
> door closing (at least I hope it solves it),
The Sequencing Valve system works beautifully if the valve is located where
torque is sufficient to actually activate that valve. Ideally, that's within
2" of a pivot point of the gear mechanism. But you can install the valve in a
more accessible location, and use leverage to increase the force applied to
the valve. Of course, maybe the best answer yet would be to obtain a Sequence
Valve which does not require 100 pounds of force to activate...
> I was wonder if the 'keep the doors closed during turbulence' is a red herring.
> First, the hydraulic system already does a good job of keeping the nose gear
> up and in place.
You make a very good point. I have no actual data to support this concern.
It's simply on the list of things that "could" happen with the mechanical
system. Actually it makes more sense to simply build the system as originally
designed and SEE if there's any problem.
> Just a second perspective on it, but unless I'm missing something, it looks
> like a non-concern. If I had a concern, it would be that the doors are
> held open in a very secure manner?
I agree. In addition to overcenter springs on the doors, it's possible some
sort of an "open-lock" mechanism may be needed to keep them open. But that
will have to be borne out in testing. The springs may be enough.
Dave Black
Shortwing RG
More information about the Reflector
mailing list