REFLECTOR: Vortilions and/or VG's?

AnnSam annsam1 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 22 14:07:26 CDT 2005


I have downward canard tips on my plane 800 hrs plus. I have done quite a
bit of testing on various Velocities and I can't tell the difference in
flying characteristics whether the tips are turned up or down, the elevator
input and action, feel the same to me.
 -----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of John Dibble
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 9:39 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Vortilions and/or VG's?


  I have downward tips on my SERG.  Haven't noticed any problems, but I have
nothing to compare to.
  John

  Jim Sower wrote:


    jbujanda at dslextreme.com wrote:

What has been the effect of downward canard tips?

Jorge Bujanda

Don't know.  John Roncz called for up-swept tips on his canard.  Don't know
why, but when Roncz is talkin', everyone else needs to be listenin' IMO.
    Always puzzled me, but I'll NEVER argue with Roncz ... Jim S.
      hoffman3 at erols.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050722/78fe3eca/attachment-0001.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list