REFLECTOR: Vortilions and/or VG's?

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 21 18:25:12 CDT 2005


My roll rate seemed much better with Vortilons.  Never flew with VG's.
Rene'
300 hrs

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Carl Hoffman
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:59 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Vortilions and/or VG's?

When I ordered my kit in 1995, I was given a choice of building a canard
with upward
or downward tips. I don't know if there is a different effect.

I flew for some time without VG. They lower the lift off and landing
speed. They
lessen the tendency of a standard wing RG to wallow.

I have lower winglets, because I built my wings, and the manual said put
them back on
during construction.

Carl Hoffman

jbujanda at dslextreme.com wrote:

> What has been the effect of downward canard tips?
>
> Jorge Bujanda
>
> hoffman3 at erols.com
> > I have Vortilons, VG, and lower winglets. In addition I have canard
tips
> > that turn downward. I like all four of them.
> >
> > Carl Hoffman
> >
> > Original Message:
> > -----------------
> > From: Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
> > Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:25:31 -0400
> > To: reflector at tvbf.org
> > Subject: REFLECTOR: Vortilions and/or VG's?
> >
> >
> > I am just about finished painting my 173 Elite RG.
> >
> > I have 170 hours of flight using only VG's - no vortilions
installed.  I
> > removed the VG's to paint the plane.
> >
> > Anybody have any comments on flying without VG's or Vortilions?  Or
if
> > both
> > the Vortilions and VG's should be installed.
> >
> > My feeling is that my plane flew great with just VG's installed -
but I
> > never flew it without VG's.  I installed them as soon as I got home
from
> > factory Velocity transition training.  The trainer was a 173 and it
had
> > VG's
> > installed.  It flew GREAT!
> >
> > Thanks for your opinions!
> > Ronnie
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > mail2web - Check your email from the web at
> > http://mail2web.com/ .
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list