REFLECTOR: AWLgrip Painting Result

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 7 06:09:26 CDT 2005


I am going to try to connect a remote gravity feed pot to my gun for shooting the underbelly of the fuselage and strakes.  I haven't checked out the fittings yet but I'm guessing I should be able to connect a 1/4" nylon hose to the gun and mount the paint cup on the wall nearby.  

Ronnie 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Alex Balic 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 12:35 AM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: AWLgrip Painting Result


  The problem with the gravity feed guns is that you can not shoot the paint onto a surface that faces the ground- not a problem in a car but a big one on an aircraft-  the siphon guns are a little better, but still the only way to get the paint to shoot onto the lower surfaces properly (at a 90 degree angle) is to use the pressure fed (separate tank) guns- they come in regular and HVLP styles. You could also use a high  pressure system, which pumps the paint to the spray head at about 1000psi and atomizes it with this pressure alone, but the finish is definitely  below par. 

   
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050707/72f15f47/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list