REFLECTOR: AWLgrip Painting Result

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 6 17:18:01 CDT 2005


I'm using the 43430 Harbor Freight HVLP gun - see it at
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=43430&CategoryName=null&SubCategoryName=null
This gun got good reviews in a recent article mentioned on the RV list (sorry I can't recall which article).  I just bought this gun due to the recommendations from that article.

I got a good paint job today - as Bob Jackson suggested:

Shoot a good wet first coat and WAIT for about 1.5 hours.  This coat gets pretty well set and is just barely tacky.  Then shoot a good wet second coat.  I did that today and got really nice shinny coating, no runs and no orange peel.   I calculated using 250 sq ft per gallon and had just a little left in the gun after shooting the 2nd coat.        

SWMBO says I am getting almost good enough to be allowed to shoot the paint on visible upper sides (:>)).  I still have the bottom of another wing to shoot before I move to the upper sides.  Well, actually, I shot the tops of the control surfaces today - they are DONE!!!

Ronnie

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050706/d1c4b5d5/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list