REFLECTOR: Canard cover
Pat Shea
xl340hp at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 00:30:57 CDT 2005
Keith,
I do have the usual arrangement you described & that
same thought ran thru my head. If it is canard flex,
then it should also be happening at low airspeed. It's
possible that it does but since I'm still breaking in
my engine, I haven't done much flying in the lower
airspeed range. I can also check the effects of
G-loading as well. Clearly I haven't gathered enough
data yet on this - I'll report back.
If the bulging is only caused by high airspeed, then
it is probably just (low) pressure and an additional
fastener or two should do the trick.
Pat
--- Keith Hallsten <KeithHallsten at quiknet.com> wrote:
> Pat,
>
> If you have the usual arrangement, in which the
> canard cover is attached to
> the top of the canard, but has no fasteners to the
> rest of the fuselage, I
> would expect to see a bit of movement as the canard
> flexes. This does not
> imply a problem, just the normal movement we should
> reasonably expect with
> flexible structures.
>
> If think you are going to add a few small fasteners
> to prevent the observed
> movement, be aware that they may need to take a
> surprising amount of load;
> as you stiffen the structure, it "attracts load".
>
> Keith Hallsten
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
More information about the Reflector
mailing list