REFLECTOR: AWLgrip Painting Result
Pat Shea
xl340hp at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 14:32:27 CDT 2005
Hi Bob,
Wow, those pics sure bring back memories - I painted
my XLRG in my hangar over a year ago with the help of
an experienced painter using a base/clear system (see
pics in the TVBF under Finishing & Painting). As your
posts/pictures attest, the painting process is a huge
project with a high frustration factor.
I noticed a reverse naca on the belly of your plane -
is that for duct ventilation or something else?
Also, I see you have recessed the bottom of the
strakes for the main gear doors. I assume you're going
to pre-load the doors a little. Let us know how that
works out for you once you get some flight hours on
it.
Finally, It looks like you have fasteners running
across the top (front & back) of your doghouse cover.
I only have screws on the sides of mine and at cruise
it pops up (bulges) over 1/8" in the center.
Pat
--- Bob Jackson <bobj at computer.org> wrote:
> Ronnie & Scott,
>
> Here are a couple of shots of the final result of
> putting Oyster White
> AWLgrip onto the top half of our XLRG fuselage.
>
> Bob Jackson
> N2XF
____________________________________________________
Yahoo! Sports
Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
More information about the Reflector
mailing list