REFLECTOR: aluminum polish

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun Jan 30 19:57:03 CST 2005


Dean,

I think some of the previous discussion (to which you referred) related to
the fact that stressed parts have a longer fatigue life if they have a
smooth (polished) surface finish.  Generally, plating shops are set up to do
metal polishing very efficiently, so several builders have mentioned that
they had their fork polished by a local plating shop (but not plated!)

Keith Hallsten


----- Original Message ----- 
From: Dean May
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 1:20 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: aluminum polish

I just received my new nose gear fork and was wondering how others are
finishing it off.  I know there was a discussion a while ago, but I cannot
find that info anywhere.  What should be done to the new fork?

Dean May
STDRG




More information about the Reflector mailing list