REFLECTOR: leak detection

larry larry at grrok.com
Sun Jan 23 15:43:50 CST 2005


??Do you have a valve in your vent line to provide a secondary vent path 
should you main tank vent line get plugged??   Mine leaks vapor.  I checked 
it with "Lung Pressure" prior to installation but after installation it 
leaked vapor.  If you have one, enclose it in a baggy and see what happens.



At 10:51 AM 1/23/2005, you wrote:
>I find that back in the area of the sump tank I can smell fuel fumes.  I 
>have examined everything closely more than once; there is no trace of any 
>fuel.  So it is apparently a small enough leak that it evaporates as fast 
>as it leaks.
>
>The fuel system is now empty, and I am going to put a bit of air pressure 
>into the system and search for a leak.  I know there are leak detection 
>solutions that are better than soap; just don't know what they are and 
>where I might find them locally.
>
>Looking for suggestions,
>
>Al
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list