REFLECTOR: Off Topic - Internet problem

CanardAv8r_DWT-AGT_TFS- Inc showme177rg at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 17:43:42 CST 2005


I agree w/the saying: The Day Microsoft Doesn't Suck - will be the day they 
start manufacturing vacuums cleaners !

I also have .02 to chip in re: XP       I've been running XP-Pro @ work & XP 
here at home for nearly a year & am waiting to see the 1st pop-up ad on 
either.  I'm on DSL - so 'on' virtually 24/7.  I took a giant leap forward 
(from Win 98 -to- XP) & wouldn't go back now - for anything.

Several suggested maybe you picked up a virus.......   The diagnostics would 
be a good place to start - good luck in alleviating your problem.


Remember, friends don't let friends fly aluminum airplanes !

     \
      \  \
     8>>>>>       DW  Taylor  /  '89 Dan Maher FG Velocity
      /  /
     /



>From: <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
>Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Off Topic - Internet problem
>Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:26:58 -0500 (EST)
>
>Thanks all for the suggestions.  Ronnie, I think XP is much more
>susceptable and wish I could go back to ME.
>
>John
>
> > It also could be a virus or some of the ad ware/spybot crap that seems
> > to be everywhere now.  Even Macs can get them!!!
> >
> > Make sure your antivirus is current and I suggest you download and run
> > Spybot from Safer-networking.com and Adware from Lavasoft.com.  I'm not
> > running XP yet, perhaps it isn't as susceptible to these as WinME is.
> >
> > Ronnie
> >
> >
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
> > To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> > Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 4:07 PM
> > Subject: REFLECTOR: Off Topic - Internet problem
> >
> >
> >> Sorry to bother you guys with this, I just need someone to point me in
> >> the
> > right
> >> direction.  This past year I bought a new laptop with Windows XP.
> >> When I
> > connect to
> >> the internet, the computer relentlessly sends data.  I don't know
> >> what's
> > being sent,
> >> or to whom, or how to stop it.  It seems to take priority over what I
> >> want
> > to do and
> >> it can take me several minutes just to retrieve or send one email.  I
> > don't have this
> >> problem on my older computer with Windows ME.  I would like to put
> >> Windows
> > ME on the
> >> laptop, but was told that loading Windows ME on the laptop might
> >> result in
> > hardware
> >> conflicts.  Any suggestions.  Thanks
> >>
> >> John
> >>
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> To change your email address, visit
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >>
> >> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> >> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> >> Check old archives:
> >> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list