REFLECTOR: Off Topic - Internet problem

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 12 16:15:29 CST 2005


John,
I do not know your "Internet Habit" with this machine but it is also
possible that the computer has been infected with some type of Spy-ware
or Ad-ware.  Have you noticed any unusual pop-up ad or email spam that
have increased recently?

You might want to run a spy-ware detection program like the Ad-aware or
Microsoft's Spy-ware detection utility to find out if your computer is
infected.

Hiroo

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of John Dibble
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 1:07 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Off Topic - Internet problem

Sorry to bother you guys with this, I just need someone to point me in
the right
direction.  This past year I bought a new laptop with Windows XP.  When
I connect to
the internet, the computer relentlessly sends data.  I don't know what's
being sent,
or to whom, or how to stop it.  It seems to take priority over what I
want to do and
it can take me several minutes just to retrieve or send one email.  I
don't have this
problem on my older computer with Windows ME.  I would like to put
Windows ME on the
laptop, but was told that loading Windows ME on the laptop might result
in hardware
conflicts.  Any suggestions.  Thanks

John


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list