REFLECTOR: WEIGHT & BALANCE

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Jan 2 11:14:29 CST 2005


Mack,

Why does a change in gross weight require a new certificate?  I made an STC 
change to my Bonanza that increased my allowable gross weight and didn't 
require a new type certificate for it?

Do you know the relevant FAR that describes the process and requirements?

Since I plan on increasing my allowable gross weight I've posted this 
request to the group a couple times and only received rumors and 
innuendos.  No facts..

Scott


At 09:10 AM 1/2/2005, you wrote:
>The sample of the weight and balance starts on page 25 of Velocity Elite 
>XL fixed and RG
>Owner's Flight Manual. As the builder you can present any gross weight you 
>want at time of issue of AIRWORTHY certificate. After that it is consider 
>a major change and a new
>Certificate will have to be issued.
>Mack
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin



More information about the Reflector mailing list