REFLECTOR: Engine pre-oiler

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 18:10:38 CST 2005


Charles,

Take a look at the following site

http://www.accusump.com/acc_comp.html

Canton has been around a long time and is well known among professional race
car builders.  I have one of their remote oil filters on my IO-360 that came
from a winning LaMans Mazda.  They are very well made, the staff is
knowledgeable and if you tell them that you are an aircraft builder they will
(or at least did) give a discount.

As far as oil I like Exxon Elite.  Its lubrication capabilities are very good
and rust resistance outstanding.  My special test bed is my mill & lathe at the
hanger, 6' ASL and a few hundred yards from Tampa Bay's salt water.  I had real
rusting problems with the tooling and the ways until I started using the Elite
on the machine.  No rust problems and the difference in friction when moving
the headstock is very noticeable compared to many other types of oils.

Jim
--- Charles Mitchell <dandemitchell at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Anyone have information on IO 540 engine pre-oilers? Also what has been the
> experience on engine oils, synthetic or dinosaur?
> Thanks!
> 
> 
> Charles Mitchell
> dandemitchell at earthlink.net> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying


More information about the Reflector mailing list