REFLECTOR: Cowling Camlocs?
Craig and/or Denise Woolston
cdwoolston at verizon.net
Sat Jan 1 12:28:58 CST 2005
Kurt-
That's awesome looking. We are already done rigging are ailerons and
rudders, man I wish I had asked sooner. Your idea is way better than my
first attempt. I was trying to put them right on the flange, so then it has
to be tangent to the wing curvature, which means that the flange is not a
constant height above the wing. SO, I've painted myself into a corner.
Anyway I think I'll still use the hinges on my removable doghouse, like Tony
mentioned.
Craig
XLFG-Palmdale
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 9:59 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Cowling Camlocs?
I did do away with the wing flanges completely. I then had to make some
brackets to hold the aileron brackets. That was simple to do and is very
strong. The wing root attachments were pretty easy really. They line up
perfectly and are Very secure. The hinge halfs stiffen the end of the wing
and the cowling flare. I can't see how they would end up with that common
warpage around the camlocks/screws that some people get.
attached is a shot of the aileron bracket.
Kurt
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050101/762a6950/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list