REFLECTOR: GRT EFIS

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun Feb 27 15:21:08 CST 2005


MessageThanks, Chuck.  I had planned to mount the EIS 6000 in the panel anyway, so when I'm using the lower display for moving map full-screen I'll still have the basic engine information displayed.

I had intended to use a "PFD only" dedicated display for the top, but l need to confirm whether or not I can mix a multi-purpose display unit with a single-purpose display.

Keith

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Chuck Jensen 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 2:37 AM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: GRT EFIS


  Keith,
  I have the dual GRT EFIS and both can be selected for PFD, MAP, ENG or split screens.  I personally like the PFD on the top and all my engine stuff on the bottom.  There is a soft-button that you can 'lock' either unit to PDF, but I don't see any advantage.  The buttons are big enough that they are easy to locate and push, even in turbulence and without the problem of inadvertently hitting the next door neighbor (button).  I also have the EIS 6000 LCD screen mounted on the panel.  If it wasn't for infrequently resetting some value, I wouldn't put it on the panel as it just eats up space.  Unfortunately, when fuel is loaded, it is inputted thru the LCD unit, not the EFIS, so you need access to the rectangular LCD computer unit--may as well mount it.

  What would be great would be if the EFIS and EIS talked both ways, so the fuel could be added thru the EFIS screen, but I think the conversation only goes one way--kind like some relationships.

  Chuck


  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On Behalf Of KeithHallsten
  Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 12:01 AM
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: GRT EFIS


  Hmmm. .   I talked to the EFIS sales guy at Grand Rapids about my intent about 5 months ago, and he said, "no problem".  I'll have to look into this further.  Of course, my situation might be somewhat different because I'm using their EIS 6000 for engine monitoring.  I agree that flexibility is nice, but it also leads to more complexity.  Then there's the $500. . . . 

  Keith

    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Al Gietzen 
    To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
    Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 9:38 AM
    Subject: REFLECTOR: GRT EFIS


    Keith wrote: 

    I'm also planning to use the GRT EFIS.  At this point I'm planning a dedicated PFD on top, with a multi-mode Moving Map/Graphical Engine Info/PFD under it.  My thinking is that I will always want the primary flight instruments right in front of me, but if that unit goes south, I can use the lower GRT display as a backup.  The lower unit will usually be in moving map mode, except during leaning or evaluating a potential engine issue.  The GRT EIS 6000 will provide engine indications the rest of the time.  My backup moving map will be the GPS (both panel-mount and handheld).



    I have the dual screen GRT setup, and also intended one as dedicated display since I have a separate engine monitor with will not display on their screen.  Apparently, you cannot have one dedicated and one not dedicated with the two displays, and they charged me the extra $500.  When questioned, they refunded $250.  I think it is good to be able to use either screen for any display.



    Al



----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050227/aafcde29/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list