REFLECTOR: fuel feed - my solutions

Wayne wowens at darientel.net
Sun Feb 27 12:19:24 CST 2005


Thanks Al. Since I draw fuel from the nearly bottom of the sump and with a couple of inches of fuel in the tanks I would have thought I had about 15  inches. The pressure in the cabin while flying should be good most of a pound. My alternate air for the airspeed seems to confirm that cabin pressure is higher than static .
Oh well if they don't work  they don't weigh much.Next order from McMaster carr perhaps I will order the 0 psi jobs.
Wayne

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Al Gietzen 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 12:42 PM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: fuel feed - my solutions




  I'm using two of the .5 jobs for an alternate air source in the top of the loop before the vent line goes to the bottom of the fuselage. If the fuel vent iced over I hope they will provide cabin air to the fuel tanks. If the bird is upside down they shouldn't allow fuel to leak inside the cabin.



  Wayne;



  0.5 psi is equivalent to about 15" head of fuel - which is more than we have- so that check valve will never open.



  Al



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050227/b19f1dda/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list