REFLECTOR: LIGHTSPEED IGNITION PROBLEM

dandemitchell at earthlink.net dandemitchell at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 26 15:38:30 CST 2005


Hello Tom,
I definitely need to know this also. When you find out, check if there is
an internal "health" status indicator we can monitor.

Ed


> [Original Message]
> From: Tom Martino <tmartino at troubleshooter.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Date: 2/26/2005 12:40:46 PM
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: LIGHTSPEED IGNITION PROBLEM
>
> No matter where I plug it in, left or right ... it trips the breaker. 
And when I plug the good one into the other side ... it does NOT  trip the
breaker.  So, it must be the module.  
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Randy Wharton
> Sent: Sat 2/26/2005 1:08 PM
> To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: LIGHTSPEED IGNITION PROBLEM
>
>
> The first thing I would check, Tom, is the breaker. Maybe the ignition
module is ok.
>  
>  
> ________________________________
>
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
> Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 3:06 PM
> To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: LIGHTSPEED IGNITION PROBLEM
>  
> My first major squawk came yesterday while coming in for the final
landing of the day.  The left Lightspeed ignition module simply popped a
breaker.
>  
> I began troubleshooting today and verified that there are no shorts or
problems with the wiring. And before this the engine purred perfectly.
>  
> Its this simple:  when I plug in the left module -- it pops the breaker.
>  
> This concerns me a bit, since the modules don't have but a dozen hours on
them.  Has anyone ever had such a failure?  For no apparent reason?
>  
> I looked inside the module and it is as clean as a whistle ... no burnt
traces, no foreign objects, no bare wires, etc.
>  
> I had them mounted on the cabin side of the firewall, just above the main
spar.  They were not too cold, nor too hot ... and I don't believe there is
enough vibration there to affect the solid state components ..
>  
> BUT HEY ... SOMETHING WENT WRONG!!??
>  
> Any ideas.  I will be contacting Klaus. 




More information about the Reflector mailing list