REFLECTOR: GRT EFIS

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Fri Feb 25 11:38:14 CST 2005


Keith wrote: 

I'm also planning to use the GRT EFIS.  At this point I'm planning a
dedicated PFD on top, with a multi-mode Moving Map/Graphical Engine Info/PFD
under it.  My thinking is that I will always want the primary flight
instruments right in front of me, but if that unit goes south, I can use the
lower GRT display as a backup.  The lower unit will usually be in moving map
mode, except during leaning or evaluating a potential engine issue.  The GRT
EIS 6000 will provide engine indications the rest of the time.  My backup
moving map will be the GPS (both panel-mount and handheld).

 

I have the dual screen GRT setup, and also intended one as dedicated display
since I have a separate engine monitor with will not display on their
screen.  Apparently, you cannot have one dedicated and one not dedicated
with the two displays, and they charged me the extra $500.  When questioned,
they refunded $250.  I think it is good to be able to use either screen for
any display.

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050225/7be52377/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list