REFLECTOR: electrical sys design

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Fri Feb 25 07:18:05 CST 2005


That is almost the configuration I have.

Main battery, then a smaller one that is isolated by a marine "battery
joiner".  Avionics and engine electronics run off the smaller battery.  I
forget the amp/hours, but like yours, should run my nav/com and engine for
several hours.

 Brian Michalk  <http://www.michalk.com>
Life is what you make of it ... never wish you had done something.
Aviator, experimental aircraft builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and barely single


  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of NMFlyer1 at aol.com
  Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 11:14 PM
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: electrical sys design


  Don't ya just love the experimental ideas and freedom!!

  I have only 1 alternator, but 2 seperate batteries that are connected to a
common buss.
  They are isolated in case of failure, and so is the charging system.
  I have 1 battery in the nose, and one just in front of the gear bulkhead.
According to my numbers, weight and ballance should be just right.
  I chose this system because in using the Aluminum 4.3L Chevy in my 173, I
have an all electric system. If I lose any 2 of the 3 electric supplies
(batteries or alternator) I have a minumum of 2.5 hours of power (half the
rated reserve).

  There are too many details to list here, but the thought and effort that
people put into their Velocities is truly impressive, regardless of the
personal preferences.

  I can hardly wait to actually fly this thing to a nice Velocity get
together.

  Wiring away,

  Kurt Winker
  173 FGE
  340 HP Aluminum Chevy.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050225/c76a5a41/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list