REFLECTOR: CLEAN SPEED OR JUST SPEED? [heur]

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Thu Feb 24 09:07:10 CST 2005


I am not exceeding it.  I pull it back.  But I did do initial flutter testing ... so other than your fine advice about exceeding VNE, what about gear doors?  Are they necessary?

________________________________

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Jim Agnew
Sent: Thu 2/24/2005 5:57 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: CLEAN SPEED OR JUST SPEED? [heur]



Isn't VNE for the Velocity 200KTS.  In addition exceeding VNE during testing
doesn't seem to be a good idea.

Jim
--- Al Gietzen <ALVentures at cox.net> wrote:

> Tom;
>
> 
>
> Only reason to have them is to reduce drag - more speed.  I have heard
> before that they make little difference.  Now what we'd really like you to
> do is get good cruise speed data w/o them, and then put them on and see what
> difference it makes. (Always looking for data:-)).
>
> 
>
> Have you verified the IAS with another on-board source, like a GPS?  Sounds
> like it is flying real well.  Marrion would be pleased.
>
> 
>
> Al
>
> 
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Tom Martino
> Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:29 PM
> To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: CLEAN SPEED OR JUST SPEED?
>
> 
>
> Help me out here guys ... I am test flying ... getting more than 200 knots
> (indicated) at 75% power (and yes, my airspeed indicator, pitot and static
> system has been calibrated by Denver Avionics). 
>
> 
>
> This speed is without main gear doors and inspection plates on the underside
> of the wings.
>
> 
>
> Naturally, I want to cover up the wing bolt holes ... but what about gear
> doors?
>
> 
>
> This may sound silly ... but if I'm getting this much speed now, do I need
> them?
>
> 
>
> Is there a reason (other than speed) to have them?
>
> 
>
> Any feedback willl be most appreciative.
>
> 
>
> Tom Martino
>
> N173EX
>
> 
>
> > _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 6341 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050224/c17f3b8b/attachment.bin


More information about the Reflector mailing list