REFLECTOR: PROP STRIKES

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Mon Feb 21 19:39:21 CST 2005


That's out of spec.
I suggest you remove some wheel rubber to make that 9.620.

 Brian Michalk  <http://www.michalk.com>
Life is what you make of it ... never wish you had done something.
Aviator, experimental aircraft builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and barely single
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of Tom Martino
> Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 7:08 PM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: PROP STRIKES
> 
> 
> By the way, I measured my clearance today ... I have 9.625" of
> clearance.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: NMFlyer1 at aol.com [mailto:NMFlyer1 at aol.com] 
> Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 12:42 PM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: PROP STRIKES
> 
> I had the same questions when working on my configuration. I have a 76"
> 3 blade, and have plenty of clearance. 
> 
> I asked the factory about it and was told that you need about 8" of
> clearance when the aircraft is sitting on the ground. (this is for my
> 173 FGE, other versions may be different). 
> It didnt seem like there was much angular room to rotate, but I was told
> that as soon as you rotate for takeooff, the whole ship leaves the
> ground. You won't get much rotation before leaving the ground, so the
> biggest problem is over-flaring when landing. 
> 
> 
> It still looks close, but I have almost 9" so I feel I am within specs. 
> 
> Kurt 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 


More information about the Reflector mailing list