REFLECTOR: WANTED: Acro contacts
Terrence Miles
knightflyr at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 19 21:09:48 CST 2005
Hi,
I should enjoy my ignoble status while it lasts. I have the honor to
be the very newest running nose, wide-eyed kid on the block. The kit
gets delivered in a month or so. In fact I can't seem to get my own
email out (reflector at tbvf.org) so I had to use the reply function to get
this on the Reflector. Sorry Dave.
I've got a quick kind survey question on acro. I bought the V kit for xc
reasons, but are any of you out there doing cuban eights? Is the
airplane any good as an acro platform? I know it can take the G
loading...but what about roll rate with rudder deflection not
centerline? Rudder and aileron size and effectiveness? I didn't
understand a thread in the archives about dishing out of an aileron
roll...did they mean like barrel roll? If you raise the nose just a
little and bang the stick to the left won't it just roll around a point
w/ very little if any heading change, as opposed to barrel roll where
the flight path simulates a corkscrew as opposed to a spinning top?
Are there and VNE problems w/ say doing a simple split S and no speed
brake? The only acro I have done is in jets, so I am a little lost on
this stuff. Has anyone developed any target speeds/power settings for
continuous cuban eights? Anybody doing in trail formation stuff that I
could talk to off line?
Thanks for helping with this. When I become more informed myself, I hope
to somehow return the favor down line.
Terry
Now back to your regularly scheduled program....
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of davedent at comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 7:18 PM
To: rwhenderson at msn.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: WANTED: West Coast CFI (SF Bay Area)
Check with Steve Murphy. He gave me my company check ride. Also has
checked out many others. He will charge you a small fee for the check
ride and light fees for the training in your plane. Plus his cost for
fuel to come to your airport. He live up in the Reno area.
He had no problem with me seeing I had 1500 hrs in canards before
flying my Velocity. I now have 60 hrs on it since last March.
I'm not a CFI but if you need time in a Velocity before you fly yours
come by and we can make it happen.
Dave N32XL
LVK
-------------- Original message --------------
> Anyone know any good instructors on the West coast? I'm looking for a
CFI
> with Velocity experience in the San Francisco Area for an insurance
check
> ride & sign-off.
>
> Must be a CFI w/ at least 50hrs in a Velocity (SUV preferred, but not
> required). Any referrals would be greatly appreciated!
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Rob Henderson
> rwhenderson at msn.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050219/6c35c4b2/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list