REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED & Vents--blinking warning
Rene Dugas
dugasd at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 18 12:00:44 CST 2005
I would add away from the turbulence of flow from fuel draining from the
wing inlet that may make the switch bob up and down especially at
altitude when the relative flotation is lessened.
Rene'
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Jim Sower
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 8:42 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED & Vents--blinking warning
I would say a half gallon or a gallon down from normal fuel level
(depending on whether or not your sump is vented).
Tom Martino wrote:
> Where exactly should the sensor n the header tank be placed?
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> *From:* John Dibble [mailto:aminetech at bluefrog.com]
> *Sent:* Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:00 AM
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED & Vents--blinking warning
>
>
>
> Sometimes my light comes on at high altitude. Sometimes it stays on
> for up to an hour. Sometimes during that hour it will occasionally
> blink "off". Sometimes it just blinks on occasionally. Sometimes it
> doesn't come on for several months. It never comes on when I am at
> low altitude. I'm thinking of re-labeling it as a warning that O2 is
> needed.
>
> John
>
> SlvEgl99 at aol.com wrote:
>
>> I have a question that may be related to venting. At high altitude
>> (10,000 or so) the sump low fuel warning light occasionally blinks on
>> and off. There is no other indication of low fuel, plenty in the
>> mains and no fuel starvation indications of any sort. This has
>> happened only twice in the hours I have flown, and as soon as I
>> return to a lower altitude there is no problem. The sump low fuel
>> sensor is located in the front, top center of the tank, about 1 1/4"
>> below the top in the position called for in the builders manual. I
>> suppose that the higher nose attitude resulting from flight at this
>> altitude may result in this condition, but I would like to hear other
>> thoughts. Bob Wood
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>
>>To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>_ <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>_
>>
>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>
>>Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list