REFLECTOR: Re: Reflector Digest, Vol 9, Issue 68-Fuel Feed-blinking low f...

Gilles Gratton gillesgratton45 at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 18 10:03:17 CST 2005


Hi,    The first Gems switch that I installed as per the manual became fuel
logged after 150 hrs. It stayed on all the time although I could see that
the fuel level was right up  in the sump. I replaced it with a new one and
this one flickers once in awhile. I just assume that it is not as good a
floater as the first one and is more sensitive to fuel level. I have had a
rear seat passenger confirm a full sump tank even if the light just
flickered a bit.   So I take an occasional flicker as a means of confirming
that my warning light is not burned out.    Now, if it was to stay on
continuously, that's another story.....land ASAP.
Gilles .
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of SlvEgl99 at aol.com
  Sent: 18 fevrier 2005 08:13
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Re: Reflector Digest, Vol 9,Issue 68-Fuel
Feed-blinking low f...


  Guys, I just can't explain it. At high altitude, and only twice I have
seen the "low fuel warning" blink on and off. It has happened only on high
flights, there is no other indication of a problem. The sump and location of
the sensor is as in the Velocity plans. Venting is 3/8 inch aluminum lines.
It does not happen at mid altitude at any throttle setting.

  Am perplexed.

  Bob Wood
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050218/06d50834/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list