REFLECTOR: Re: Fuel Feed-blinking low fuel warning
Brett Ferrell
bferrell at 123mail.net
Fri Feb 18 09:24:45 CST 2005
Quoting "Carruth, Joel L" <joel.l.carruth at lmco.com>:
> Jeepers! I've been listening to the problems with unporting, greasing
> the o-rings, false sump indications over 10K, and "no way" of knowing
> what situation your fuel is in, and frankly it leaves me a little
> worried about my future fuel system!!! On one hand, I tend to agree
> with Scott Baker and don't change the design, but on the other, you all
> have convinced me that there is room for some tweaking! I just don't
> believe in guessing about my fuel condition.
>
Does anybody think that a medium-sized capacitor ahead of the low-fuel warning
bulb would help this situation? Might help eliminate the nuisance of a
bobbing-float if the cap had to charge before the light fired off, and would
drain off if the switch bobbed back up before the charge had built up
sufficiently to light the bulb... BTW, I'm not a EE, so it's just a thought.
Brett
More information about the Reflector
mailing list