REFLECTOR: Franklin Oil Leaker

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Feb 17 12:30:47 CST 2005


Assuming your oil cooler is installed correctly....

There is a direct coorelation between oil temp and cylinder tempurature. 
Are your cyl temps hihgh also?

I lowered my oil temps and cylinder head temps dramaticaly by going
completely anal about sealing the baffles for air cooling.

oil temps dropped 30 degrees, cyl head temps dropped 75..

Scott

> I have a SRG Franklin/IVO with 3hours and 15 flights. First I had high oil
> temps(+250) on climb out and would not cool.
> I went through all archives and mods back 1995 and made all changes. I now
> have oil temps below 250 if I dont exceed
> 24 MP/2400 rpm. Each flight results in dripping oil on the floor before I
> can get out of airplane. Oil looks  like its coming from
> the fuel pump and alternator plate. Iam on my third set of gskts and still
> have the problem. The oil may be comming from
> the the distributing zone (air intake that carb bolts to) it has 2 long
> bolts that have no seal that I can tell.
>
> After five months of fighting this engine I guess Iam begging for help.
> My Ft. Collins Franklin dealer doesnt answer his phone.
>
> Richard Ring_______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list