REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED
Rene Dugas
dugasd at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 14 12:27:31 CST 2005
Tom,
Same problem all the same answers. Mine improve to the point of no
concern by increasing the incidence of my left wing to fly more level.
I could not detect a ball out of center condition but I mounted a
digital level to the panel in the hanger leveled and at night in very
smooth air and got a 3 degree left wing down condition which would
explain uneven flow of about 8 gallons fed from right tank first. I
increased the incidence of the wing 0.02 degrees and now I get about 4
to 5 gallon difference and replaced the sump switch because of
intermittent flicker of low fuel only when feeding from left tank. I
tried the left rudder shim to no avail. My caps are ok and tested too.
Good luck,
Rene'
N129RD 280 hrs Flying
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 1:54 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED
Well, now that I'm in my test flying mode ... I will really be asking a
lot of questions.
Here are some of them, as they relate to my fuel system:
1. What makes the fuel tanks feed unevenly to the header tank/engine?
(My right tank is feeding twice as fast as my right tank.)
2. Will that cause a problem when the fast-feeding tank runs out?
3. I used the larger vent lines for my tanks and tied them al together
with a manifold, then vented the entire system out through the top of my
firewall in the engine compartment (about four inches below my naca
duct). Do you think the system gets enough venting there?
4. Is there a need for a "whistle" hole in any of the tank vents ...
for additional venting (like we do with the crankcase breather?
Any help is appreciated from my more experienced Velocitologists :-)
Tom
N173EX
(A mere 6 hours)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050214/ecbe38cc/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list