REFLECTOR: Auto Pilots

Christopher Martin christophercmartin at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 13 13:38:53 CST 2005


I guess the price went up, it is now $1,095 for the EZ Pilot head from Trio.

http://www.trioavionics.com/index.htm

Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net



> [Original Message]
> From: Christopher Martin <christophercmartin at earthlink.net>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Date: 2/13/2005 11:30:32 AM
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Auto Pilots
>
> Kurt,
>
> I was to quick in my earlier assessment and had forgotten how the +/-
input
> from the GPS could be used to drive the NavAid. As Scott suggests, the
> wandering across the course was probably due, to great extent, to the
plane
> being slightly out of trim. The NavAid is a good, solid, basic controller.
> You'll like it and when you want something more, you can sell the NavAid
> head on ebay for $400, keep the servo and buy a TruTrak head for $900.
> Putting in new equipment and making changes is half the fun of
> experimentals.
>
> Happy Flying,
>
> Chris
>
> Christopher Martin
> christophercmartin at earthlink.net
>
>
>
> > [Original Message]
> > From: <NMFlyer1 at aol.com>
> > To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
> > Date: 2/13/2005 10:33:20 AM
> > Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Auto Pilots
> >
> > Thanks Chris. 
> >
> > I was hoping it would do what I thought it would do. There are
procedures
> to take the wig-wag out of it. I really didn't want/need any more than
what
> the Navaid does anyway. I like to fly :-)
> >
> > Kurt 
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html





More information about the Reflector mailing list