REFLECTOR: RE: Autopilot - was Roll Trim
Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 12 14:37:43 CST 2005
Al,
Essentially, I connected to the trim spring just above the point where the spring connects to the elevator. It is the logical place to connect and the right length of a lever arm to create to compatible movement for the servo. I'm going to the hanger this morning. I'll try to send you a picture this afternoon.
Chris
Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net
----- Original Message -----
From: Al Gietzen
To: christophercmartin at earthlink.net;Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: 2/12/2005 11:31:27 AM
Subject: Autopilot - was Roll Trim
I do however, use my auto pilot all the time. Originally had the Navaid wing leveler and then changed out to the EZ Pilot as made by Trio in San Diego. I only needed to buy the control head as the servo from the Navaid was the same. I'm very happy with the EZ Pilot and recommend it.
I also installed a altitude hold. as made by TruTrak. It is a single servo connected to my trim spring. I'm also very happy with it. It is a small servo and requires that the plane be perfectly trimmed prior to engaging. But, once it is set up it works perfectly for up to an hour until conditions change enough to warrant a retrim.
Chris;
I had just ordered the TruTrak Pictorial Pilot the day before your post, and after looking at the Trio EZ pilot, had some regrets. The Trio unit seems a better value. I let it go since GRT recommends the TruTrak to couple with their EFIS (that I have), and I didnt have time to consult with them on the use of the EZ pilot.
I intend to add the altitude hold later, and I found it interesting that you connected to the trim spring rather than directly to the elevator TT. What are the pros/cons of that?
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050212/be941db3/attachment-0001.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list