REFLECTOR: ROLL TRIM

Velocity_AZ velocity_AZ at cox.net
Thu Feb 10 07:57:11 CST 2005


I don't use or need any roll trim
 
Kevin Steiner
173 FG - 160+hrs

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:56 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: ROLL TRIM


I know this topic has been probably discussed so much ... that it makes your
teeth hurt ... BUT I NEED MORE INPUT!
 
I installed a really cool roll trim.  It is basically Alex Strong's servo
connection to the aileron bell crank.  It gives a constant spring tension
and snaps back when pushed or pulled against it.
 
However, I am wondering something.  And I can't answer it because I only
have 6 hours on my plane.
 
HOW IMPORTANT IS ROLL TRIM ON THE VELOCITY.
 
No theories please.  I really want to hear from guys who are flying.  Do you
use it?  Really?  Would you miss it?
 
It seems to be a pain in the a$$ to have constant tension (even light
tension) on the stick.  Has anyone one away with it?
 
Thanks,
 
Tom Martino
www.troubleshooter.com <http://www.troubleshooter.com/> 
 
 
 
 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050210/6d37926f/attachment-0001.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list