REFLECTOR: Performance Question

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 09:01:46 CST 2005


 
In a message dated 2/7/2005 6:19:47 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
davenali at charter.net writes:

The  single defficency with my 
MT has been the RPM restrictions, as I have a  non-counterweighted engine. 
I've gotten used to that, and while I'd much  prefer they'd find a solution


Regarding the RPM restriction, they do supposedly have a fix.  It will  cost 
you $2,800 (exchange) plus disassembly and re-assembly cost, shipping,  and 
any other parts needed (mine needed new bearings after only 45 hours since  
overhaul) for new blades that supposedly eliminate the RPM restriction for the  
non-counter weighted engines.  Call Eric, and he should do the same  deal.  Not 
really a deal, as at the time of purchase, no restriction was in  place.
 
To bad I haven't had the same favorable experience with my mt on a  STD-RG.  
I too have lost 2 pitch change motors (they said they have never  had a 
problem before), 2 RPM sensors (electric), a blade bearing gone  bad, grease seals 
(2 sets and still leaks), a second blade bearing and  a cracked blade due to 
the RPM restriction.  This is all within 250  hrs of operation.  They never 
mentioned the RPM restriction until my  cracking incident two years ago.  Until 
then, it was hush, even they knew  they had a problem, so in fact, mt did not 
provide willingly this  information.  My prop has been a total lemon.    I hope 
that  the development of a alternative prop moves along swiftly.  In all 
reality,  Velocity can build a dash 8 if they want, but the full useless will not  
be seen without a constant speed prop period!
 
TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050208/922adf51/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list