REFLECTOR: Performance Question
Dave Dent
davedent at comcast.net
Sun Feb 6 23:08:06 CST 2005
Being at Manassas do you know any of the fellows over at Aurora Flight
Sciences? Like Tom Clancy or some of the others I may have worked with
during the late 90's out of the NASA ERAST program at Edwards. It would be
good to know what they are up to now. They had one of the best engine test
cells on the east coast for high altitude engine testing. Lot's of NASA
money in it. They have some of the best knowledge of the Rotax engine I
think in the US. They have done a lot for the aviation community.
Dave
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Black" <dvblack at comcast.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 7:32 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Performance Question
> AnnSam,
>
>> What is your field elevation and what is the highest density alt. at that
>> field in the summer months? 4000 is adequate here in Fla. at or near
>> gross
>> even in the summer.
>
> I am located at Manassas, VA (KHEF) with 5700 ft of runway at 192 ft
> elevation. I will be doing the first flight and initial testing here.
>
> I asked about shorter runways because in the not-too-distant future we
> contemplate moving west, and want to locate near an airport suitable for
> our
> 200hp ShortWing Velocity with fixed-pitch prop. Thus far it sounds as
> though
> at sea level 4000' is adequate and 3000' can be made to work by careful
> load
> management.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list