REFLECTOR: Right side Throttle

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Mon Dec 19 19:31:32 CST 2005


MessageThis is the 'standard' double throttle arrangement for Velocity aircraft.  The installation, exactly as you describe, is installed in dozens of Velocity XL models.  Works great.  Order the "XL Copilot Throttle" through Lambert at the Velocity parts department parts at velocityaircraft.com.  It is reasonably priced.
Best regards and happy holiday wishes,
Scott B.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Terry Miles 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 7:11 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Right side Throttle


  Hi,

  I am considering the installation of a right hand throttle cable.  Throttle only, not mixture, and not prop.  I would do this by just buying a 2nd throttle cable from the factory (if it's long enuf) and bolting the ends together at the engine attach point.  I have created an oversized utility tunnel and so channel space for the cable run is not an issue for me.  I have not examined the full routing from panel attach into the tunnel.   

  My guess is this will double the hand force needed to move the throttle from either side--but that's about it.  I would disable the friction device on the RH side.  Does anyone have any experience with this?   ...or any suggestions on things I might be overlooking?

  Thanks,
  Terry Miles
  XL-RG-5
  IO-540


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051219/64ac4ac0/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list