REFLECTOR: Glide ratio

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Mon Dec 19 14:49:29 CST 2005


Thanks, Chuck, now that you share the gory details, I do recollect your
mentioning it previously.  All in all, your tuition for the lesson
learned was reasonably low...some have paid much more.

Was it a go-fast when you had the big engine on it?

Chuck Jensen


> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]
On
> Behalf Of Chuck Harbert
> Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 3:44 PM
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Glide ratio
> 
> Although I've written this before, since I was asked why the engine
went
> quiet, it was because the after market oil cooler split open spraying
oil
> onto the exhaust causing a fire. The tower told me about it and so I
> turned
> back just as the engine quit (fire shorted (melted) the fuel injection
> wires). I replaced the turbocharged  365hp 3 rotor 20B Mazda with a
IO-360
> and learned a valuable lesson.
> 
> Chuck H
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list