REFLECTOR: fuel flow irregularly

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 12 21:30:38 CST 2005


Bad engine driven fuel pump?  What is the fuel pressure doing during all of this?

And if you leave the aux fuel pump running, is there any signs of this problem?  If so, I would suspect a bad carb or trash in the screens or carb.

Be careful until you figure this one out.  I'd stay over the airport until it is resolved.

Ronnie    
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Richard Ring 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 8:47 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: fuel flow irregularly


  After 50 hrs. of checking things out and correcting almost every problem I have read about on the reflector, I now have one more.

  This is SRG Franklin/Ivo,
  After approx. 20/30 min. at 2300/23lb I get fuel flow that was 10.5 gph going from 9 to 14.8 and every time you look its diffrent. I turn back for the airport and the engine will quit completely and start again before I can hit the boost pump. I throttle back and land.

  I have 3/8 fuel lines and 1/2 vent lines and they are clean and worked great for 50 hrs. what do you think?

  I would appreciate any input.

  Richard



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051212/2329cfec/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list