REFLECTOR: An interesting read

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Dec 10 20:38:18 CST 2005


Vne is an allusive critter. Hard to determine for any aircraft.

 From the article it appears that Van's Vne is based on flutter 
problems, and the testing was done at sea level. Too bad.. Anybody know 
if metal control surfaces flutter easier than fiberglass?

I have flight tested my plane to 210 KIAS at 10,000 feet. Giving the 
stick and peddles multiple whacks. Seemed rock solid.

I guess I will have to test up to 24,000 when I get my turbo charged 
engine installed, as thats the turbo's limit for 100% output.

Scott

Chuck Jensen wrote:

> This article was on the Van’s website. It would be great if Velocity 
> had V-N graphs like this for the different models…but then, maybe they 
> do. I’m always the last to know.
>
> http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/hp_limts.pdf
>
> It would be interesting to know what the Velo Vne is based on; flutter 
> or structural strength? Or is it just a number, not based on anything 
> particularly, but suspected to be ultra conservative?
>
> Chuck Jensen
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list