REFLECTOR: Cleaveland brakes

Dave Dent davedent at comcast.net
Fri Dec 9 12:15:18 CST 2005


I just did mine a week or so ago.  Mount the plate in place with the two that fit.  Draw them up tight and then take a transfer punch and put them through the other two holes and punch them. This will give you a perfect center hole where to drill the plate.  Remove drill,de-bur and reinstall.  
Dave
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Randy Wharton 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 4:28 AM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Cleaveland brakes


  You only need to drill 2 more! Two of the existing ones remain; you simply rotate the plate until what used to be the front hole on top lines up with the back hole on top. I'll find that instruction and send it to you.

   

  Randy W.

   


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Steve Davey
  Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:47 PM
  To: rwharton at buckeye-express.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Cleaveland brakes

   

  Thanks Guys:

   

  My torque plate only has four holes in it right now so drilling four more on the 45's won't be a problem.  I appreciate the help.

   

  SAD

  Randy Wharton <rwharton at buckeye-express.com> wrote:

    Steve, 

    I have an XL-RG and I opted for the Cleveland upgrade when I ordered
    the kit. I, too, "followed" the directions (I thought) and discovered
    I had made a mistake. I found (later) an instruction sheet among
    parts that said the caliper mounting plates should be rotated 45
    degrees and the holes redrilled. This will put the caliper at a 45
    degree angle at the back of the gear leg. And I had to contour the
    entire bottom of my gear leg.

    I can explain this best by directing you to the photos I posted on my
    website when I went through the proce! ss. Explanations are there for
    you to.

    Go to http://clik.to/velocity, click on the "Construction Menus"
    button, then click on the "Wheels/Brakes" chapter button. I have 11
    photos and descriptions posted there. I hope this will help. 

    Randy Wharton
    N248RB

    ---- Original Message ----
    From: sadsxlrg5 at yahoo.com
    To: reflector at tvbf.org
    Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Cleaveland brakes
    Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:36:48 -0800 (PST)

    >Hi all:
    > 
    > I'm a long time listener, first time caller. I have an XLRG-5 and
    >am in the process of mounting the axle, torque plate, calipers, etc.
    >on the co-pilot side. The builder manual says that the calipers
    >should down and aft of the axle centerline. The associated picture
    >in the manual shows it about at 07:30. When I laid out the hole
    >pattern for the axle, I measured up 3" from the bottom of the gear,
    >scribed a line up the center of the gear leg. This is s! till in the
    >bottom "vertical" section of the leg, not the angled segment. This
    >resulted in an essentially vertical and horizontal orientation. When
    >the torque plate was slid over the axle and onto the bolts, it left
    >the caliper mounting holes straight aft of the axle or about 09:00. 
    > 
    > What experiences have you guys had? Is this orientation acceptable?
    > 
    > Thanks
    > 
    > Steve Davey
    > XLRG-5
    > Beatrice NE.
    >
    > 
    >---------------------------------
    >Yahoo! Shopping
    > Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping 


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

   


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Yahoo! Shopping
  Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051209/037a6216/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list