REFLECTOR: Cleaveland brakes

Randy Wharton rwharton at buckeye-express.com
Thu Dec 8 16:46:36 CST 2005


And for the record, those new holes are 60 degrees off, not 45 as I earlier
thought.

 

Randy

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of John Tvedte
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:35 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Cleaveland brakes

 

Steve,

 

Not sure if this helps any - but here is a picture of the brake assembly
installed on the gear leg.

 

John

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Steve Davey
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:37 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Cleaveland brakes

Hi all:

 

I'm a long time listener, first time caller.  I have an XLRG-5 and am in the
process of mounting the axle, torque plate, calipers, etc. on the co-pilot
side.  The builder manual says that the calipers should down and aft of the
axle centerline.  The associated picture in the manual shows it about at
07:30.  When I laid out the hole pattern for the axle, I measured up 3" from
the bottom of the gear, scribed a line up the center of the gear leg.  This
is still in the bottom "vertical" section of the leg, not the angled
segment. This resulted in an essentially vertical and horizontal
orientation.  When the torque plate was slid over the axle and onto the
bolts, it left the caliper mounting holes straight aft of the axle or about
09:00.  

 

What experiences have you guys had? Is this orientation acceptable?

 

Thanks

 

Steve Davey

XLRG-5

Beatrice NE.

  _____  

Yahoo! Shopping
Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo!
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/footer/shopping/*http:/shopping.yahoo.com/;_
ylc=X3oDMTE2bzVzaHJtBF9TAzk1OTQ5NjM2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFnBHNsawNob2xpZGF5LTA1%20>
Shopping 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051208/f61b04de/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list