REFLECTOR: Running TOO Cool - Electric Blanket

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 6 15:42:28 CST 2005


Whoops, make that $19.00.  See 
http://www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?PIN=35095&GUID=181A47F0-503A-46C0-AA54-442092738145&DL=MCN6#

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ron Brown" <romott at adelphia.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Running TOO Cool


> Jack,
>
> I bought a 12 vdc electric blanket that works well.
>
> Do a Google search on "12 v dc electric blanket".
>
> I found one for as little as $12 which is similar to the one I paid $40 
> for a couple of years ago.
>
> By the way, I am thinking about forming a new "portable" ramp for my NACA 
> scoops to reduce the amount of air flow entering the engine during the 
> winter.  Vlad had something like this (but more elaborate) on the Velocity 
> he was building several years ago.
>
> I think I will lay up some glass (3-4 BID) into my NACA scoops on some 
> duct tape or plastic film, pull them out, trim and build something to hold 
> the rear of the ramp up to block some of the air flow.  I could get fancy 
> (but not now) and make it cockpit adjustable.
>
> Ronnie Brown
> 173 Elite RG,  IO360 - 200 HP, single oil cooler up front, NACA downdraft 
> cooling.
>
> Ronnie
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Jack Sheehan" <j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:57 PM
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Running TOO Cool
>
>
>> Rene,
>> How many amps does the blanket draw? Where did you purchase it.
>> -- 
>> Jack Sheehan
>> Executive Director
>> National Consortium for Aviation Mobility (NCAM)
>> Visit the following sites
>> http://www.ncam-sats.org, http://www.sats2005.com, http://sats.nasa.gov
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list