REFLECTOR: Flight training
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Aug 29 21:31:12 CDT 2005
Ah... Now I get it!! Slow I am!!!
We're talking a newly built airplane, in phase one!!!
hmm..... Now your factory training must count for some of the dual
hours, however many you got in Florida. If your on teh Left coast the
Murphees might do it in their XL?
And Dave said he could, I don't know if he was including his V?
Scott
Scott Derrick wrote:
> Thats normally not how it works.
>
> When I bought my Bonanza I was required to have 10 hours dual and then
> 10 hours solo before carrying passengers. So I hired a CFI and we flew
> my Bonanza for 10 hours, it was well worth it. Then I flew off my solo
> time. This was what the insurance company suggested. Its much better
> to get instruction in the same plane you will be insuring.
>
> He should be able to fly his V for the first 15 hours as long as he has
> an instructor along. Then he can do his solo time and then he would be
> loosed upon the world of passenger
> flight.
>
> The big question is will they accept any CFI or CFII to do the dual or
> does he need a factory approved CFI like Dave Dent? Or some min hours
> for the CFI to have in make/model.
>
> Scott
>
> Ron Brown wrote:
>
>> Probably because he hasn't flown off his 40 hours? Catch 22!
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Derrick" <scott at tnstaafl.net>
>> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>> Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 4:57 PM
>> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Flight training
>>
>>
>>> Why don't you use your own plane?
>>>
>>> GORDON PUTNEY wrote:
>>>
>>>> My insurance underwriter insists on 15 hours dual in RG Velocity
>>>> plus 10 hours solo! Anybody know of a way to do this? I have
>>>> already had the factory training but can find no CFI w/access to an
>>>> RG Velocity. These 15 hours could be an instrument refresher.
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> To change your email address, visit
>>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>
>>>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>> Check old archives:
>>>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit
>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list