REFLECTOR: Franklin CHTs
aminetech at bluefrog.com
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Aug 25 12:14:27 CDT 2005
Mike,
I have armpit scoops. No baffles, I'll get a picture in 10 days or so
when I get home.
John
> John,
>
> Wow. Those are the definition of under control. Do
> you have the NACAs or armpit scoops? Employ baffles
> or shrouds under the cylinders? If you're doing
> something to get those CHTs I'd love to know what it
> is.
>
> Pics or description of your baffles?
>
> Mike
>
>
>
> --- John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>> My CHTs run 110-130 C (160 on TO, although I think
>> that is partly due to higher temps
>> during taxi). I'll get a picture when I have a
>> chance.
>> Also, my ducting is 4 1/2".
>> John
>>
>> mike deeter wrote:
>>
>> > Franklin drivers:
>> >
>> > I've been researching the forums re: lowering CHTs
>> > through the use of shields or shrouds around the
>> sides
>> > and bottoms of cylinders.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have some Franklin-specific experience
>> > with these shields? How far down and around the
>> > cylinders? How large an opening left? Did you
>> shroud
>> > just the fore and aft cylinders or each
>> individually?
>> > Results?
>> >
>> > Thanks for any info and help.
>> >
>> > Mike Deeter
>> > N2011P Franklin-IVO Std RGE
>> >
>> > > To change your email address, visit
>> > > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> > >
>> > > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> > > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> > > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> > > Check old archives:
>> > >
>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> > >
>> >
>> > *******************************************
>> > Mike Deeter
>> > N2011 Test Pilot
>> > iguanamagic at yahoo.com
>> > http://iguanamagic.siegesmund.org
>> > *******************************************
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> >
>> > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> > Check old archives:
>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives:
>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
>
> *******************************************
> Mike Deeter
> N2011 Test Pilot
> iguanamagic at yahoo.com
> http://iguanamagic.siegesmund.org
> *******************************************
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list