REFLECTOR: engine driven fuel pump
Chuck Jensen
cjensen at dts9000.com
Thu Aug 25 11:59:35 CDT 2005
Kent,
My IO540 reads 35-36 psig whether I'm running the booster or
not. Engine rpm does not affect my reading. So, by comparison, your
number is actually a little low, though by the time you add the 540 pump
plus the booster, you're at the same 34 psig. Since it's likely neither
of us have calibrated the pressure indication, it looks like your
numbers are in the right ballpark. Trend them over time to see if they
change, otherwise it looks like you're good to go.
Chuck
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of kent
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:12 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: engine driven fuel pump
What fuel pressure level should be normal for an engine driven fuel
pump?
Do they compensate for rpm?
I have an IO540 and on the ground at idle (800 rpm) my sensor says 27
psi. I have no idea but that seems high.
When I flip on the electric Weldon fuel pump it goes up another 6 or 7
psi.
On takeoff by the time I have the gear up and am back at 25/2500 I
notice the fuel pressure is 38 or more before I turn the electric fuel
pump off.
What pressure should an engine driven fuel pump put out?
Kent Murley
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050825/9bd282ad/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list