REFLECTOR: Question on CCI Vortex Generators

Dave Dent davedent at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 21:17:12 CDT 2005


If the VG's came from Velocity they will send you a bag of them free if you ask for them.  But you would have had to have bought them from them to start. 
Dave
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Chuck Jensen 
  To: Jim_Agnew_2 at yahoo.com ; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:55 AM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Question on CCI Vortex Generators


              Hi, Jim,

   

              I've used the plastic ones from Velocity that are dirt cheap.  I don't remember what they cost, but a bag of dirt costs about the same.   They are a little hard to paint, as all such poly plastics are and they are a little hard to make stick in place, though it helps to roughen the underside with medium sand paper before applying with Dow silicon silastic.  I use a cuticle stick for removing the excess silastic that squeezes out after the 'buttered' VG is pressed onto the wing.  Velocity will send you a paper template to guide you in placement.

   

              A little trick that I did that makes a big difference is I took a sander and rounded off the back corner of the 'sail'.  Most designs come out to a sharp point which is excellent for snagging your rag when you wipe the plane down.  The snagged rag will often pull the VG off.  Adhering them to the wing isn't a big deal, but you get tired of doing it multiple times.  As best I can tell, rounding off the tail of the sail doesn't have a noticeable effect on performance.  I wouldn't fly without 'em.

   

  Chuck

   

   

  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Jim Agnew
  Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:38 AM
  To: Velocity Reflector
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Ouestion on CCI Vortex Generators

   

  Has anyone used them on their Velocity and if so how many (please include model)?

   

  Do you have any extra that you would be willing to sell?

   

  Thanks.

   

  Jim



  James F. Agnew
  Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
  Tampa, FL
  Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050824/3227f6be/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list