REFLECTOR: POWER GUARD

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 20:52:54 CDT 2005


I'm not sure I follow your question.  Is the "souce" you refer to a
generating source like an alternator, or are you referring to a primary
bus and then a secondary bus both connected to a single electrical
system?  
 
As an aside, but related:    I am going to run 2 equal sized batts and a
single alternator.  I am looking at a West Marine batt controller that
will isolate the batteries automatically in event that voltage drops
below a certain value (ie alternator off line).  
 
Does anybody else out there have a dual batt, single alt configuration?
 
Regards,
Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 12:24 PM
To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: POWER GUARD


Is anyone using Wayne Lanza's Power Guard?
 
It is the device that isolates a primary and secondary power source ...
then switches to the "secondary" when needed.
 
Here is my question ... what happens if the circuit fails?  
 
I am simply curious ... because I have my electronic ignition routed
through it.  I would think the "default" would be a straight pass
through of primary power.  But I am not sure.
 
I left voicemail for Wayne ... but I also know he monitors "Reflector".
 
By the way ... the Power Guard is a brilliant idea and really nice
looking.  I have been flying with it for 27 hours.
 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050822/3fc5303c/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list