REFLECTOR: Franklin fuel pressures

Gilles Gratton gillesgratton45 at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 22 14:27:16 CDT 2005


Thanks Carl and Mike for answering.
            I was running 8 to 8.5 psi on my Weldon pump and I have had
to get my carb serviced twice in the last year. It was running way too
rich and I could not lean it. I was getting flooding caused by
overpressure on the float valve.  The carb shop told me that 8psi is way
too much for a carb.  He recommended 3-4 psi.   I had the pressure bench
adjusted to 5-6 psi in a pump shop. They told me that it was as low as
they could go without sacrificing fuel flow.     I have yet to test fly
this set up. It works good on the ground at max static rpm. 
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com
Sent: 22 août 2005 08:31
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Franklin fuel pressures
 
7 to 8 PSI.

Mike W.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050822/65ea00b5/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list